Public Speaking and Publications
- WPBlockTalk, Gutenberg Theme Development – Tips for Success (April 2020)
- Food Blogger Pro, Performance Focused Design (January 2020)
- Hashtag Jeff, How To Redesign With Confidence (November 2019)
- SEMRush, Optimizing WordPress for Speed & Conversions (October 2019)
- WPEngine Webinar, Gettin’ down and nerdy with the Genesis Framework (November 2018)
- WPEngine Summit 2018, Getting the most value from Genesis (September 2018)
- WP Georgetown Meetup, Introduction to CSS Grid (September 2018)
- WP Georgetown Meetup, Custom Metaboxes (June 2018)
- WP Georgetown Meetup, Introduction to Gutenberg (April 2018)
- Post Status Publish 2017 “Interview with a Successful Freelance Developer” (August 2017) information
- WordCamp Miami 2015, “Expectation Management and Retaining Clients” panel (May 2015) video
- WordCamp Miami 2015, “Scoping, Contracts, Invoicing, Legal OH MY” panel (May 2015) video
- WordCamp San Diego 2015, “Choosing Clients” (March 2015) presentation
- Genesis Office Hours, December 2014
- Authority Intensive 2014, “Web Design Buzzwords: Here’s How They Translate Into Dollars” (May 2014) presentation, notes
- WordCamp Austin 2014, “Developing an Integrated Events Calendar” (April 2014) presentation
- WordCamp Austin 2013, “How to Succeed at Freelancing” (May 2013) presentation, notes
- WordCamp Orange County, “Building a CRM on WordPress” (June 2012) presentation
- WordCamp Austin, “Managing a Freelance Business” (May 2012) presentation, video, notes
- WordUp Austin, “Advanced Development Techniques” (Jan 2012) presentation
- WordPress Austin Meetup, “Managing a Freelance Business” (Sept 2011) notes
- WordPress Austin Meetup, “Custom Meta Boxes” (April 2011) information
- WordCamp Austin, “WordPess Beyond Blogging” (Dec 2010) presentation
- WordCamp Houston, “WordPress Beyond Blogging” (Aug 2010) presentation
- BBC Radio 5, “BIL Conference” (Feb 2010)
- CNVE Executive Board Meeting, “Coworking and Entrepreneurship” (May 2009)
- Innovation Camp, “Alternative Work Environments” (June 2008)
- Texas A&M Ideas Challenge, Awards Ceremony (May 2008)
- BIL Conference, “Coworking to Coliving, the Digital Utopia” (March 2008)
- Interviewed by Young Money Magazine (February 2008)
- Interviewed by Smart Money Magazine twice (March 2005 and October 2005)
Erickson Web Consulting
- I help individuals, businesses, and universities develop beautiful web presences that are easy to manage. I share what I learn with the WordPress community through tutorials and plugins.
- Developed a facebook application that allows students to choose classes with the help of friends.
- Won 6th Annual Texas A&M Ideas Challenge.
- In March, I stopped pursuing this project. It is still available through Facebook, but is not being developed or supported.
Mays Business School, Web Designer and Photographer
- Redeveloped and maintain many of the Mays Business School websites.
- Add value to Mays Business School by applying my knowledge of new technologies.
- Provide technical expertise and photography in the Business School.
iPod in Car.net, Founder
- Developed an online resource for those looking to add iPods to their cars, featuring product reviews, step-by-step guides, and photo galleries.
- Became the top Google search result for iPod in Car, and increased ad revenue ten fold over three months.
- Sold company to iLounge in March 2007.
Aesthetic Studios (self-employed), Web Designer
- Created successful, functional websites and other promotional material (logos, corporate presentations, print packages…) for clients such as William Pear International, Yours Truly Gifts, and the Conroe Tigers.
- Starting and running my own business provided me with an invaluable experience that could never be taught in a business class.
Logic Design, Graphic Designer
- Developed the interface and frontend design of an online application on time and addressed the many problems that arose along the way.
- Logoyes.com has now been featured on Entrepreneur.com as an award-winning application.
Speed Printing, Assistant Graphic Designer
- Designed print work (brochures, business cards, posters…), developed long-term client relationships, and worked in a group environment.
Texas A&M University
- BBA in Finance, 3.5 Grade Point Average
- Active member of the Business Honors Program
- One of twelve students in the Titans VII class of the Mays Titans program
- Took a course in Moral Philosophy over the summer.
Awards and Honors
- Judge – Texas A&M University Ideas Challenge (May 2010)
- Finalist – New Ventures Competition (June 2009)
- 3rd Place – Texas A&M University Ideas Challenge (May 2009)
- 1st Place – Texas A&M University Ideas Challenge (May 2007)