Successful web projects depend on deep collaboration between design and development. And that’s exactly what we do.
Each phase of the project involves our whole team, with one team member taking the lead.
There are three phases to our web development process: Discovery, Design, and Development. Your project may also include a Branding phase.
Phase One: Discovery
Here’s where we get to know each other a little bit better.
We begin with a questionnaire that dives into your organization, products and services, business goals, customer demographics, competition, (and more).
After that, we schedule a call to further explore your business, brand, industry competitors, any current sites you may have, and your analytics data to identify and investigate your problems. Sometimes we include a technical audit to assess the current technical issues in your website.
The purpose of this phase is to turn your problems into a plan.
Here’s what you can expect from Phase One:
- You complete and submit our project questionnaire before we get started.
- You provide us access to your current website and Google Analytics (if applicable).
- A discovery kick-off conference call.
- We define, research, and analyze the problem.
- We describe our solution with a new site architecture map and wireframes of key pages.
- You work with us to refine our solution, with two rounds of revisions available.
- We use the completed wireframes to establish a fixed bid for the Design phase.
Phase Two: Design
Once we’ve come up with a plan for your site, it’s time to turn that plan into mockups.
We’ll establish a responsive layout grid, typography, and base style guide. We’ll design the interface elements and begin design exploration of key pages. We’ll continue iterating until we have mockups that meet the plan requirements.
Here’s what you can expect from Phase Two:
- You provide any available assets: logos, colors, brand guidelines, photography.
- We gather assets from your current website (fonts, icons, stock photography, and text content).
- We create layout grids, color styles, type styles, icon styles, and theme assets.
- We design mockups of the key pages, menu systems, and any necessary interactivity.
- You work with us to refine our design, with two rounds of revisions available.
- We’ll use the finalized design to establish a fixed bid for the Development phase.
Phase 3: Development
We’re nearly there.
The first thing we do is set up a version of your site in a controlled development environment. We’ll use modern tools and expertly crafted code to build a blazingly fast and SEO friendly website. This, when paired with our easy to manage backend, is your custom, high-performance WordPress theme.
We use a mix of industry-leading plugins and custom built functionality to build a website that is uniquely yours.
The best part is, no matter how complex your new website seems, anyone can edit and manage it, even the least technical person on your team.
You review your new, fully functional site in a staging environment to test all the features and update content.
Here’s what to expect from Phase Three:
- A mobile responsive, custom WordPress theme with a focus on speed, scalability, security, and SEO.
- An easy to manage backend.
- Visual design quality assurance and testing on modern browsers and devices.
- Documentation for initial training and ongoing reference.
- A staging environment where you will review functionality and update content.
- We launch your new website.
Oct 5 - 23 (3 weeks)
Oct 26 - Dec 4 (6 weeks)
Dec 7 - 25 (3 weeks)
Dec 28 - Jan 8 (2 weeks)*
Migration and Launch
Jan 11, dependent on Modification Period*