I recently wrote a long and detailed post on Blogging.com covering how to build a Genesis child theme.
It’s a question I’m asked often and I think it’s a tutorial that’s been missing.
Here’s my general process:
- Create a subdirectory on my site for this project
- Install WordPress and Genesis
- Build all the site’s functionality into a child theme
- Use CSS to make the outputted markup match the provided design
- Send it to the client for review
The tutorial covers creating the child theme that has all the site’s functionality (step #3). Please take a look and let me know what you think in the comments over there.